Oklahoma: A global outpouring of support, and a long road to recovery
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Prayers urged, diocese reaches out, as deadly tornadoes hit Oklahoma
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Delaware, Rhode Island bishops welcome same-sex marriage laws
Thursday, May 09, 2013
" I have found this to be one of the most personal bookstores I have worked with online and over the phone. They also send a personal message with each shipment. I asked them to inscribe a book for me that I was sending to my daughter, and they did this as well. They tell us to wait until some things are on sale before we purchase. This is one of the last personal bookstores that seem to really care about their customers."
Bedtime Prayers Die
This is a “die” which is one-half of a dice.
The eleven Apostles chose Matthias to succeed Judas Iscariot as one of the Twelve Apostles by casting lots (Acts 1:15-26).
The nicely rounded corners makes rolling it easy.
- It’s a fun way to teach your children their prayers
- From the art studio of Butzon and Bercker, Germany
- 2 1/4 inch solid wood cube with rounded edges
- Being about the size of a medium orange it is not a choking hazard.
- 6 different bedtime prayers, one on each side
This makes a wonderful gift for children on their birthday or after their first communion. A simple and fun way for families to pray together as the children learn several basic Catholic prayers. Your young ones will love rolling the die. Casting lots is a scriptural way to make a choice.
Each side of the die offers a different prayer. The six prayers are as follows:
- God, hold me and bless me, Grant me Rest, When You are with me, I sleep the best. Amen.
- Angels bless and angels keep, Angels guard me while I sleep, Bless my heart, bless my home, Bless my spirit as I roam. Guide and guard me through the night. Wake me with the morning light. Amen.
- Good evening, God, I come to rest. I hope today I did my best. Forgive me if I missed Your mark, Be with me always in the dark. Amen.
- Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. May angels cradle me at night And bless me in the morning light. Amen.
- God, I thank you for this day! Be with me while I sleep. Comfort all who weep. Guard your world tonight! Bless us with your might. Amen.
- Angle of God, My Guardian dear, To whom God’s love commits me here. Watch over me throughout the night, And keep me safe within your sight. Amen
Average Customer Review
This was a perfect way to introduce our toddler to a nighttime prayer routine. He was already in the bath, teeth, book mode and this block made it fun for him to begin to thank God nightly for all we have. It's a nice heavy block that is bigger than I expected (in a good way). Would make an excellent gift!
By: Shannon - Atlanta, GA
We got these for our grandchildren as sometimes prayer thoughts may slip by. Now it's exciting as they decide whose turn it is to roll the die.
By: Judy - Bloomer, WI
Love this! I found one a few years ago at a conference that I attended, and I was so pleased to find them for sale on this website. I have given several of these as gifts, and they are always well-received. Also, the shipping was fast and there was even a handwritten "thank-you" on the enclosed invoice. Good product, good company.
By: Jayne - Fort Walton Beach, FL
My sister had me order this for one of my grandchildren's baptism gift. It was a hit. Unique, clever.
By: Cindy - Rosamond, CA
My kiddos love to take turns rolling the dice to decide which sweet prayer we will say before bedtime!
By: Wendy - Wendy, Roswell, GA
My boys love this. The will ask, "Where is the bedtime prayer die" if they cannot find it when it is time to go to bed. I gave one to my Godson, too.
By: Margaret - Birmingham, AL
We purchased this as well as the table grace die. Our kids enjoy rolling it, and making sure it lands on the prayer they want too! It is a larger size die and easy to grip. The only concern I have is how long the imprints will last before rubbing off. I would recommend these products.
By: Darin - Georgetown, KY